Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bento #46 ... just a small snack...

I'm pretty sure I've discussed it before, but I'm the Resident Stage Manager at a local theatre. It's great fun. I work with different people every week. We run upwards of 3000 people through the building each week. I get to do awesome things like be the Master Electrician for S.T.O.M.P. and Crew Manager for Kenny Loggins. I get to design lights, and climb ladders, and all sorts of things like that. And I get to use my theatre occasionally to do something most people will never get to do.

I get to watch a movie on my cyc. (The big white thing at the back of the stage.)

You are all wondering why this is any different than going to a movie theatre... Well. We thieve all the couches out of the lobbies, so we are incredibly comfortable. We all bring snacks and goodies, such as you will never get to enjoy in a movie theatre. We tune the sound system, surround ourselves with speakers, and boost the subs. We get all of this without 100 people around us, whispering, throwing popcorn, kicking our seats, and generally making nuisances of themselves. It sounds a lot more appealing now, yeah?

We watched 'Inception', which is a good movie to watch in your living room, but is an amazing movie to watch on a huge screen surrounded by giant subs. I hadn't seen it before, but had heard that you couldn't blink, or you'd be totally lost for the rest of the show. I didn't find that to be the case, although I didn't blink. I didn't find the levels thing confusing. I thought the concept behind the movie was great. And, like everybody, ... something something spoiler.

*****

Anywho. My movie snack.


I made a small chicken salad using chicken (of course), carrots, and apple bits. I tossed it with some yummy poppyseed dressing. My original goal with the mix (sans dressing) was to make spring rolls, but I found the texture of the wraps... unpleasing. Maybe I did something wrong... I then filled the rest of the box with the usual assortment of bountiful baskets fruit: pineapple, strawberries, and blackberries. And a couple of strawberry hichews.

*****

I nearly forgot to order my basket this Monday. By the time I remembered and logged on, the only sites left in my county were each about a half hour away. I ordered anyway. The gas money may cancel out the produce savings, but... I'd really miss my basket.

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh, spoilers alert! I watched Inception but didn't get to finish it. I should one of these days... I didn't find Inception confusing either, but a bit long... this is coming from someone that maintains a <1hr of TV every 3-4wks.

    I just went back in your posts to see what the basket was... what a great idea! Too bad they dont operate in MD, but I wonder if I can find something similar... sounds like an awesome idea.

    Lunch is colorful and beautiful as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Sorry. I forget that just because I'm the last person I know to see a movie doesn't mean I'm the only one who hasn't seen it...

    ReplyDelete