Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bento #50...

For a milestone bento, it's not all that fancy. But it was good. And I was in a hurry.


There's a glorious little BBQ place just by my work. It's run by a guy who trained in Italy and other places. So it's mostly BBQ, but sometimes he gets on a wild hair and makes... well... whatever he feels like. Last week he felt like making meatballs. And they were great meatballs. Each was about the size of my fist. And they were drowned in homemade marinara.

So... leftovers. In my cute donburi style bento. Can you see the cracks in the lid? It fell off the cupboard one day, and I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. So it's been superglued. The lid never actually comes in contact with the food, so I don't think it's an issue.

I put the meatballs and marinara in with some 5 cheese tortellini. I didn't have time to pack a sidecar, so I tossed a couple of cutie oranges and an apple in the bag.

*****

I actually took a picture of my Bountiful Basket haul before sorting it into the fridge.


Not bad for $15, right?

As I'm writing, I've got a sorbet in the icecream maker. It's got pineapple, mango, tangelo, and grapefruit juice. It was really good before it was frozen. I think that's a good sign.

2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! I want that basket! D: That's awesome... I'd have to pay way over $15 for that stuff, and you can bet it wouldn't be fresh or local. Is that plantains on the back? Awesome baskets. I'm jealous. :) (that lunch looks sooooo yummy too!) I wouldn't have tossed that box either... the crack gives it 'character'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I love this program... anyway, those are actually bananas in the back. I always get them pretty green because the supplier they come from doesn't use gas to make them ripen. They are really good bananas...

    ReplyDelete