Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Bentos #143 and #144...

So.  This show I'm stage managing.  It's going to be awesome.  And I'm hoping to live through opening night.

Our first two mainstage productions, we actually rented a set from another venue.  They brought it in.  They put it together.  We did some finishing work with it.  We paid someone else to do costumes.  We rented props along with the set.

This one?  We're doing everything.  And I don't think anyone was prepared for how much work it was going to be.  And that's why you've just been getting quick posts when I can sneak in the time to write.  I'm not going to guarantee it will get better after the show.  Although it might.  I'll have a fair amount of comp time to get rid of...

Anywho.  I was quite happy with the way these guys turned out.  They were both for the same day, a lunch and a dinner.  And I knew I wasn't going to have time for a real hot meal.


This one has ranch cornuts, half a pluot, champagne grapes, sweet pepper, a babybel, a horrid first attempt at tamagoyaki (it's been a while...), and two little raspberry chocolate balls.  I also tossed in a container of zucchini.  I would have eaten it cold, but thankfully didn't have to.


This one is much the same as the last!  The only differences being the bagel top crackers and hummus instead of cornuts, and the mini reese's instead of the chocolate balls.  This tamagoyaki turned out so much better than the other one!

No comments:

Post a Comment