Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Bentos #158 and #159...

These are both warehouse bentos... one from Tuesday, one for Thursday.  I get interesting reactions to my lunches at the warehouse.  At the theatre, people expect random artsy, cutesy things from other people... because... we're all theatre people.  We're artsy, and creative, and all that junk.  At the warehouse?  They are, for the most part, warehouse people.

For instance... Tuesday I took out this bento...


It's nothing special... cream cheese chicken salad (with sesame seed 'spatter') and sesame crackers... baby orange tomatoes, strawberries, jicama, muenster cheese, and some biscoff cookies.

I was sitting on the steps outside and one of the warehouse guys came out.  He wanted to know what the $(*# I was eating.  I started with 'chicken salad and crackers' ... and realized he didn't really care, and I didn't really want to or have to explain myself, so I trailed off with '... healthy stuff'.  Because I knew he would go away.  And he did.  But not before saying, "Ew."

Don't get me wrong... I like the warehouse guys.  It's just an interesting dynamic.  Not only am I the only female there, but I don't eat out everyday, I bring healthy lunches, I don't swear like a sailor, I don't need to have social activities going on in order to get work done... I don't think they know quite how to handle it.  Mostly we smile and nod and sometimes I curse a little bit just so they won't feel self conscious around me.  As much.


Here's my lunch for tomorrow... I'm kind of wondering what reaction I would get to actual 'face food'.  They already think I'm kind of weird...  Mashed sweet potatoes with a poppy seed face, collards, a bastardization of my rosemary pulled pork recipe... I was feeling lazy and just wanted to test my new smaller crockpot.  The pork turned out good, but next time I'll actually do it right...

The strawberry box contains... strawberries, jicama, baby tomatoes, and a sauce container of orange barbecue sauce I got from my very first foodie penpal.

Don't forget to enter my small giveaway HERE...

No comments:

Post a Comment