Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Bentos #57 and #58... When I can't sleep




I haven't been sleeping well lately. I occasionally have these bouts of insomnia that last me a month or so. And I'm 2 weeks in. I'll go to bed and stare at the ceiling for an hour or more before finally falling asleep. And then. Without fail. I'll wake up around 5:30. Or earlier. I'll toss and turn before hopefully falling asleep again an hour later. This gets old.

Yesterday morning I wasn't falling asleep again. So. I rolled out of bed. I did some dishes. I ate a real breakfast. Took a shower twice as long as I usually do... I still had more than an hour to dink around after all of that. So I decided to make something awesome for my lunch.




I made pizza using naan bread for the crust. I made the sauce with a few tomatoes I had in the fridge and topped it with another tomato, mozzarella, Parmesan, bacon, and ham. So good! I may have eaten some right then, just to make sure it was worthy of becoming a bento.

By this time I was running late. So.


I love this strawberry box. I feel like it's huge. And perfect for bulky things. Like pizza. The bottom has pineapple, strawberries, mango, green pepper strips, and a grape.


This looks oddly like yesterday's snack... hmmm. Yeah. We only ended up eating about half of it. So I topped it off this morning. Pineapple, mango, strawberries, grapes, and a cutie orange. Hummus in the sidecar for the Club crackers. And a string cheese. Because I love string cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! That looks like some serious lunch! Very delicious.

    Not sure if it's just me, but the two first photos look stretched vertically. Could be my lousy browser, though. :)

    ReplyDelete