Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bento #71...


On Friday night, one of my brothers took the family out to dinner. We went to Sizzler. Because that's his favorite place to eat. And the place least likely to kill him... He has a lot of sad allergies...

He did that as a celebration. He paid off his car. I'm looking forward to doing that exact same thing... No more car payment means an extra $300 a month.

After we ate, we walked over to the Big5 so he could help me pick out a fishing rod and reel. Yup. I'm going to learn how to fish. Nope. I will not use live worms for bait. I'm pretty sure I can gut a fish, but stringing a worm on a hook just grosses me out. I also picked up a telescoping reel so I can just tuck it into a motorcycle pack if the mood hits me. Now I just need a license and tackle.

*****

I took this over to the park after I was done with work Saturday morning. The Farmer's Market has started over there, but produce was not abundant. Taking into consideration Utah's weather for the past few months, that's not surprising. But. The food vendors are everywhere... maybe next week I'll only pack sides...

Leftover steak and rice from Sizzler, combined with a whole bunch of broccoli. Little tiny celery paired with fresh peanut butter, a mini pepper, grapes, strawberries, and raspberries. I'm not exactly sure where the cup that the peanut butter is in came from. My best guess is that it's the endcap that comes on conduit when you buy it from the hardware store. It's the perfect size though...

I used a box I've never used before... I have no idea what the French says...


*****

Four more lunches until the giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. That is a very nice bento box. And the food looks great. Congrats to your brother on paying his car! That's a great achievement.

    ReplyDelete