Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Bento #96... Lazy Bento

I've been... down... recently.  It happens, I guess.  The problem is, when I do occasionally get like this, I have very little motivation to do much of anything.  Like eat.  Hence the lack of bentos recently.  I DO eat.  I just end up with a bunch of kids meals from fast food places because it's that or nothing.  And the toys make me happy.

Once upon a time, Del Taco had little plastic hamsters in wrestler masks.  I forget what they were called.  But there were six of them.  One of which was a hamster in a black mask with a glow-in-the-dark skull.  Del Taco toys come in black bags so you can't see what they are.  You know what that meant?  I, and the entire crew at work, ended up eating Del Taco kids meals every day for about four weeks.  We gave up eventually.  And then my boss' kids wanted Del Taco and randomly ended up with the elusive black mask hamster... I might have to find one on ebay or at the Saver's if I really want one... And I might...

Anyway.  Here is proof that things are looking up.  A bento!



I tossed a slice of lasagna leftover from Fazoli's (lovely, lovely Fazoli's...) and a bunch of sauteed asparagus.  The other layer has a Persian cucumber, 5 bitty strawberries from my garden, and a small slice of cheesecake (leftover from my birthday).

I'm not quite sure what I was thinking when I agreed to take 5 big slices of cheesecake home with me... Now I'm going to have to eat it all.  And lack of motivation means I've gone running once this week... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment