Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Bentos #126 and #127...

I noticed something the other day.  Something that amuses me greatly.

I was looking in the mirror, and I stretched.  And I realized that I had a strange lump on my right arm.  Just below the shoulder.  And it was only visible when I moved my arm a certain way.

I spent about 90 seconds being kind of concerned.

And then I realized...

It's a tricep.

Just one.

There isn't a matching one on my other arm.

I've got to stop favoring my right arm in the warehouse...

*****

These bentos were brought to you by... my pantry.  Months ago I bought a small bag of quinoa.  Just out of curiousity.  Obviously I wasn't curious enough... it's just been sitting there ever since.  I finally cooked it last week.  I've discovered that I love the texture.  It reminds me of the roe one gets on sushi.  Less 'poppy' and more chewy.  And fun to eat.

I mixed it up with sauteed zucchini and sweet peppers and then threw on a vinegrette made with garlic red wine vinegar, garlic flavored olive oil, salt, pepper, and a squeeze of mustard.  I topped the salad with fresh tomatoes.  It was tasty!

Also, it could be eaten cold, which fit the bill for my gig last weekend.  I was loading in a show in a convention center and had no access to a microwave.


Aside from the salad, this guy has grapes, strawberries, nectarine chunks, and coconut pudding.


And this one has grapes, strawberries, plum halves, and coconut pudding... just to change it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment