Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bentos #130 and #131... a play on a theme...

I've been bentoing for probably three years now.  Maybe a little bit longer.  And since the beginning, I've been coveting the same set of food cutters.


I went on a book buying spree on Amazon for my birthday, amd these randomly popped up.  It's like Amazon knows...

Since the price was right and the shipping was free, I went for it!  The sakura is my favorite, but I love them all.

I was going to be working the warehouse job for a full day and then going to the theater job for another six hours, so I needed two meals. And since I didn't want to cook two completely different meals at once, I used the same basic ingredients in each once.  And since I have awesome new cutters, I used one of them.

Over and over again.



I boiled a pot of noodles and used half of it to make a pasta salad.  It has cucumbers (both on top as the flowers, and on the bottom. As scraps), tomatoes, parmesan, and a quick Italian vinaigrette. The other layer has peach (with a flower) blueberries, a plum half, and canteloupe.


Same pasta, but this time with sharp cheddar, turkey pepperoni, and zucchini.  Same stuff in the other container.


And here they are together.  The matched set.

No comments:

Post a Comment