Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bentos #128 and #129...

I spent the last week working a conference in Salt Lake.  I enjoy conference type things.  My work is generally easy.  I get paid decently.  And craft services gets involved.  So I get to eat lots of things that I didn't have to get up early and make.  Alas... when this happens, I do not bento.  Which explains my absence last week.

But for this week...


Monday I had Cajun smoked sausage (from the Smoking Apple) and pulled pork with rice (from Charlie Boy's).  I'm not sure that mixing BBQ from two different BBQ joints is right by the gods of BBQ.  But I took my chances.  Because I love them both.  And had leftovers I needed to use up.

The BBQ was accompanied by steamed zucchini, plums, cucumber, raspberries, and a babybell cheese.


Today I had more smoked sausage, this time with baked beans (and a grape tomato flower to dress it up a bit) and more zucchini.  I also had a dish of plums, blackberries, blueberries, canteloupe and cucumber that I ate as a snack during rehearsal tonight.  I forgot my little salt shaker, but cucumber is fairly tasty when dipped in melon juice.  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment